Monthly visitor solution


For years I was on depo so I didn't have to worry about this. In my earlier year I used tampons because they were less gross than pads. Within the last year on my journey to a natural life I changed to using a pill birth control. Not my ideal way to stop lil ones from coming, but it works right now.

Anyway enter my monthly visitor. I went back to my go to... tampons, but they seemed to dry everything out. I tried coconut oil, but it was still very uncomfortable. Not to mention the chemicals in cotton grown in the US are trifluralin, monosodium methanearsonate (MSMA), disodium methanearsonate (DSMA) (organic arsenicals), fluometuron, prometryn, cyanazine, pendimethalin, norflurazon, and diuron, and the major insecticide is methyl parathion. Not sure where tampon companies get there cotton. So I listened to my body and started a search for something better…

I start to see YouTube videos about the menstrual cup. At first I was like no. That seems far too weird for me. After seeing no other options that are better for the environment and my body I took the leap and got one.

My first one had a valve. I thought this would be far easier you don't have to take it out and put it back. After a day or so I took it out anyway to freshen up and did the for my showers. The first problem here with my body anyway and others I have talked to is the valve sits right at the perfect spot where when I sit down it releases a bit. This made me have to use a pad most of the time. The second problem it stuck out just enough to cause discomfort. And the last problem was it was harder plastic so I had issues getting it to seal.

I went on another search for a better option. I got a menstrual cup without a valve. I'll link it so you can look into it. This was much softer so it sealed right away. The tail part was much shorter so there wasn't discomfort. I seriously have had no issues with this bad boy. I've had it through 2 visits.

After some practice I found an easy way to get this puppy out. In my body it likes to sit high up in there. This little tail is not easy to get a hold of (they have some with bigger tails I'll link those too. So the struggle was real. I was like this is going to be stuck in here forever. Then I remembered my yoni egg (different topic altogether. Real fast these egg shaped stone go up in you to tighten stuff and other reasons…) So with the egg if you don't tie a string you have to push it out. This is what I did with the cup. Push like your having a baby (not as hard) until the cup is where you can grab it. Then pull it out. One little push is all you need. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small victory for mom

CBD please give me strength